ForumsWEPRCar running on water

41 8249
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,831 posts
Nomad

This
guy made a kit, which if installed in a car will cut down gas usage by 60%, He is trying to improve it so a car can be run on water 100%.
I think if this technology works, world politics will change radically.
Whar are your opinions about this?

• 41 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,715 posts
Blacksmith

i think it would be on the mart as soon as there is no more oil on this planet because if a car, that runs 100% on water, would be buyable, the oil commpanys would make no profit.

either that or whater gets really expensive.

dair5
dair5
3,381 posts
Shepherd

If it really works it should be on the market right now. They say it emits oxygen, but I want to know what happens to the carbon and hydrogen that you put in it.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

Doesn't seem right somehow... the water needs to be separated into it's gas forms in order to recombine the gases and produce energy, so unless the diesel engine produces sufficient energy to separate the gases, how can it work?

It's a little like the hydrogen argument... the energy required to produce the fuel outweighs the energy given by it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,138 posts
Jester

there are already engines that make 0% polution.
shell, BP and some of those others companies however do evrything possible for those products to not hit the market.

for example has shell payed a dutch inventer 106mill euro. so that his new 90% cleaner enigene would not get on the market.
it was on the news like 3 or 4 year ago. (the guy was participating in a tv-show called "the best idea of the netherlands&quot he would have won if shell didn't force him to stop.
he told on the tv that befor shell came up whit the 106 mill euro. they tryed to get him down whit threads and violence. but it didn't work on him. he felt safe because he was already on tv whit his invention.

invalid777
invalid777
2,075 posts
Nomad

Dang. . . That seems useful to society. Or maybe it's just that we are too dependent on automobiles.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

Technology is definitely being held back, not only by the large oil corporations, but by government funded departments.

Projects have appeared over the internet over the past 20 years and promptly disappeared without trace. Engines capable of 900%+ efficiency over conventional engines have been announced one week and disappeared the next.

The oil industry is far too profitable not only to the oil companies, but also various governments of the world to allow any huge leaps in technology that would reduce our reliance on oil.

To say this is short-sighted is an understatement.

partydevil
partydevil
5,138 posts
Jester

The oil industry is far too profitable not only to the oil companies, but also various governments of the world to allow any huge leaps in technology that would reduce our reliance on oil.

shell is the largest dutch company there is. that 1 company is about 15% of our entire economy.
still the dutch government is trying very hard to get energy from other sources then oil.

so it's not always like that =)
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

shell is the largest dutch company there is. that 1 company is about 15% of our entire economy.
still the dutch government is trying very hard to get energy from other sources then oil.

If that is true, why did you say this less than an hour earlier?

for example has shell payed a dutch inventer 106mill euro. so that his new 90% cleaner enigene would not get on the market.

One contradicts the other.
Deth666
Deth666
654 posts
Nomad

I remember hearing about a guy who ran his cars on chicken sh*t back in the '40s or '50s. There's nothing new about people coming up with alternatives to gasoline. It's been happening since the invention of the automobile.

partydevil
partydevil
5,138 posts
Jester

If that is true, why did you say this less than an hour earlier?

One contradicts the other.

no,
1st quote = about how big and importend shell is for the economy in my country.
2nd quote = about what shell does to keep it's place on the market when some1 invents a cleaner/cheaper engine.

at the same time shell is inventing new fuels that still need some oil. (just less then befor) so they can sell that. in the end they sell less oil for the same price. so they make more profit.

shell is importend for the netherlands. it's not always nice the way they work. but neither was the VOC.
Moe
Moe
1,716 posts
Blacksmith

Thats interesting, I've wondered for some time now if it was possible to do that. My guess would be it is still a combustion engine, only it burns the hydrogen instead?

Doesn't seem right somehow... the water needs to be separated into it's gas forms in order to recombine the gases and produce energy, so unless the diesel engine produces sufficient energy to separate the gases, how can it work?

Could a small electric motor provide enough energy? I don't really know how much it takes to separate the water, but I would think an electric motor could do it.

Technology is definitely being held back, not only by the large oil corporations, but by government funded departments.

Projects have appeared over the internet over the past 20 years and promptly disappeared without trace. Engines capable of 900%+ efficiency over conventional engines have been announced one week and disappeared the next.

In all honesty I would guess most or all of those were fake. Other wise we wouldn't see electric cars.
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

Electric cars don't make sense either though. Take the UK for example. We've not taken our power needs seriously for the past 50 years, so now we have a ludicrous situation where we could be experiencing brown outs because nobody can decide whether or not we should build one type of power station or another.

If everyone switched to electric cars tomorrow, the system would break.

Add to that, what produces the vast majority of our electric? Burning fossil fuels. So how does switching to electric cars solve anything?

Back to the water-powered car. Okay, so lets presume a small electric motor could split water into it's gas components (which I doubt), what would power the electric motor? A battery would drain too quickly, and once the battery ran out, what would power the electric motor?

Yes, the diesel engine might, but as I said, I doubt either the diesel engine or the electric motor could break down the water in order for it to be resembled as energy (be happy to be proved wrong btw) so we're back to square one.

As to whether the projects released were fakes, why remove them? Why did they disappear? If they were fake, let them be proved to be fakes and move on. Why is there no trace of them now? And obviously I can't provide links to sites that existed long before the great oracle Google was even invented, although no doubt some will still require them.

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
41 posts
Nomad

Running a car on water seems like a clever idea to me. Not only is water a renewable resource, but also a very abundant one. The process which separates the hydrogen from the oxygen to burn as fuel is fairly simple, using a piece of incredibly cheap metal alloy to jump start the formation of hydrogen. The only other thing needed is an electrolyte in the water like salt, to react with the alloy. This is if we used the method in regular gas engines.

It's a great idea. It will put more oxygen back into the atmosphere and it will also decrease the demand for petroleum. This would obviously make gas companies go out of business. That's if we used water to run ALL engines. It would be very cheap and would let save the United States alot of money instead of buying petrol from the Middle Eastern countries.

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,831 posts
Nomad

He used electrolysis to separate H2 and O2
and then they were used instead of petrol,
Still he could not make it 100% water run car.
I read a news in an URDU news paper that this project was started by some americans in 60's but was halted for its potential to become a hydrogen bomb and most of ppl involved died unnatural deaths.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

I still don't understand how it works, despite reading dozens of websites on the subject.

It's generally accepted that the energy required to break down the water (extracting hydrogen) takes as much energy, if not more, than you get out of it. And to break it down in the first place, you need an engine powered by fossil fuels, so doesn't one cancel out the other?

The other thing I don't understand is surely the process would generate quite a bit of heat, hydrogen is explosive, so wouldn't it be extremely dangerous to put it in a combustion engine?

It's a fascinating subject though, the Japanese were working on a system a couple of years ago, but have since stopped development due to lack of resources. Genepax's claim that their car ran on 100% water has been disputed since.

Showing 1-15 of 41

We may use cookies to help customize your experience, including performing analytics and serving ads.
Learn More